Thank you for your request!
Thank you for your interest in data, services and tools from the National Center for Charitable Statistics (NCCS).
NCCS Web Tools are our most powerful resources for researchers, offering more than 200 databases, including data on the finances and activities of nonprofit organizations going back as far as 1983. You can also work with the latest zipcode-level giving data for households that itemize on their IRS income tax forms. Links to these resources and tools can be found at the NCCS Tools Menu:
For general information on our organization-level databases, proceed to the link provided and the "Guide to Using NCCS Data." This 24-page pdf document will introduces NCCS data and provides a bibliography for additional reading:
Data Dictionaries for all files are available through our "Data Access" page:
Other resources included on the NCCS Tools Menu -- http://communityplatform.us/tools.php -- or under "Find Organizations" or "Statistics" on the NCCS website (http://nccs.urban.org):
Please give these tools a try. If you experience difficulties, please feel free to contact us at 866-518-3874.
- Organization Search - Use this link to peruse general information on individual organizations and to view their IRS Form 990s, the tax form that nonprofits file annually.
- State Profiles - Basic summary reports on organizations by state.
- Table Wizards - For added flexibility, the Table Wizards provide a wide range of standard and customizable reports by state, county, or type or size of organization. Build handsome tables that can you can copy and paste into a spreadsheet for further manipulation.
- GeoSearch - Get a quick summary of the nonprofit sector and charitable giving in your zipcode, city, county, MSA or state.
- NTEE Search - Find out about organizations providing particular services or activities.
Type in a keyword and find all the types of organizations that might be of interest.
Drill down to get a summary showing the number of organizations, their assets and revenues,
as well as a list of the largest organizations and a sample of smaller ones.
Click here to return to the NCCS home page.
Click here to change or review your user information again.